Add an exception
- Open Avast Antivirus and go to ☰ Menu ▸ Settings.
- Select General ▸ Exceptions, then click Add exception.
- Add an exception in one of the following ways: Type the specific file/folder path or URL into the text box, then click Add exception.
- 1 How do I add an Avast exception list to Origin?
- 2 How do I allow a program through Avast firewall?
- 3 How do I allow certain websites on Avast?
- 4 How do you add an exception to an antivirus?
- 5 How do I add an exception to origin antivirus?
- 6 How do I unblock a program on Avast?
- 7 How do I unblock Avast firewall?
- 8 How do I stop Avast from blocking a program?
- 9 Why is Avast blocking my website?
- 10 How do I fix my Avast blacklisted URL?
- 11 What is Web Shield in Avast?
- 12 How do I know if my antivirus is blocking a program?
- 13 Is Windows Defender good enough?
- 14 What is the best antivirus for PC?
How do I add an Avast exception list to Origin?
-open up your AVAST interface. -select ‘Settings’ on the bottom left. -scroll down the screen you have under the General tab and you will see ‘Exclusions’, click it. -click the add button and browse for your Origin folder.
How do I allow a program through Avast firewall?
To add an application to an existing group:
- Open Avast Antivirus and go to Protection ▸ Firewall.
- Click Application settings at the bottom of the screen.
- Click New application rule and select a group (vendor).
- Locate and select the executable file of the application you want to add.
How do I allow certain websites on Avast?
- Menu (three dots) ▸ Settings.
- Select ☰ Settings in the top-left corner.
- Select Cookies and site permissions ▸ Cookies and site data.
- Click the Add button next to Allow.
- avast.com and click Add.
How do you add an exception to an antivirus?
Go to Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Security > Virus & threat protection. Under Virus & threat protection settings, select Manage settings, and then under Exclusions, select Add or remove exclusions. Select Add an exclusion, and then select from files, folders, file types, or process.
How do I add an exception to origin antivirus?
To add Origin and your games as exceptions: Find Origin.exe in C:Program Files (x86)Origin. If you installed Origin in another folder on your computer, look there instead. Add OriginClientService.exe, also found in this folder, to your exceptions, too.
How do I unblock a program on Avast?
To unblock the program, open Avast and click on “Settings”. Paste the file path in the File path field. Click Add for the antivirus to exclude the program from the protection shields. Turn the Avast shields on after adding the file exclusion.
How do I unblock Avast firewall?
How do I unblock a website on Avast?
- Click on Protection.
- Select Core Shields.
- Turn off the Web Shield option.
- Select the duration.
- Click OK to confirm.
- Now the Web Shield has been disabled and Avast will not block any websites.
- You may see there is a warning regarding the Core Shields status.
How do I stop Avast from blocking a program?
Stop Avast from blocking an app by listing it as an allowed one
- Open Avast.
- Click the Menu in the top-right corner of the app and select the Settings from the drop-down list.
- In the General tab, select the Blocked & Allowed apps section and click the Allow App button.
Why is Avast blocking my website?
Sometimes, Avast can be too sensitive. It suspects normal and safe websites as untrusted ones, thus blocking the access and prevents you from viewing it. Luckily, you can bypass this false warning and stop Avast from blocking certain websites in the future.
How do I fix my Avast blacklisted URL?
Open the Avast antivirus interface on your computer by clicking on the avast icon.
- Once the platform opens, select the “Real-time shields” available at the navigation panel at the left.
- Select the “web shields” module option to view its settings.
- Next, select the “stop” option to disable the web shield.
What is Web Shield in Avast?
Web Shield protects your system from threats while browsing the web. It also prevents malicious scripts from running, even when you are offline. In Web Shield, you can enable and configure web, HTTPS, and script scanning.
How do I know if my antivirus is blocking a program?
How to Find & See if Windows Firewall has Blocked a Program on PC
- Launch Windows Security on your PC.
- Go to Firewall & network protection.
- Go to the left panel.
- Click Allow an app or feature through Firewall.
- You will see the list of allowed and blocked programs by Windows Firewall.
Is Windows Defender good enough?
Windows Defender offers some decent cybersecurity protection, but it’s nowhere near as good as most premium antivirus software. Windows’s antivirus has some serious problems in terms of online security, multi-device protection, poor-quality updates, and malware protection.
What is the best antivirus for PC?
To help protect your Windows computer, here’s the Best Antivirus Software of 2021:
- #1 Bitdefender.
- #2 Kaspersky.
- #3 Webroot.
- #3 Norton.
- #5 Trend Micro.
- #6 McAfee.
- #6 ESET.
- #8 Avast.