as I see it, in my view, to my mind, to my way of thinking, according to my way of thinking, from my standpoint, personally, in my estimation, in my judgement, in my book, for my money, if you ask me.
- 1 What is another word for in my opinion?
- 2 What is a good synonym for opinion?
- 3 What can I say instead of my opinion in an essay?
- 4 Is it correct to say in my opinion?
- 5 What is it called when you give your opinion?
- 6 How do you ask for opinion?
- 7 How do you say I agree in a formal way?
- 8 How do you say I believe in a different way?
- 9 How do you express your personal opinion in an essay?
- 10 How do you say in your opinion without using first person?
- 11 How do you express opinions effectively?
- 12 How can I use in my opinion in a sentence?
What is another word for in my opinion?
7 Alternative Ways to Say “In my opinion”
- To my mind. This is one of my favorites, so I put it at the top of the list.
- As I see it. We all see things in different ways, which is why we each have our own viewpoints and our own perspectives.
- I think.
- I believe.
- It seems to me.
- One can postulate.
- If you ask me.
What is a good synonym for opinion?
Some common synonyms of opinion are belief, conviction, persuasion, sentiment, and view.
What can I say instead of my opinion in an essay?
Informal English Phrases
- “In my opinion, + [your sentence]”
- “I believe that + [your sentence]”
- “In my mind, + [your sentence]”
- “It would seem that + [your sentence]”
- “It could be argued that + [your sentence]”
- “This suggests that + [your sentence]”
- “This proves that + [your sentence]”
Is it correct to say in my opinion?
We use phrases such as in my opinion, in your opinion, in Peter’s opinion to show whose opinion we are referring to: In Maria’s opinion, we paid too much. We often introduce ideas, especially in writing, with the phrase in my opinion: In my opinion, there are too many cars on the road with just one person in them.
What is it called when you give your opinion?
criticism. noun. the activity of giving your professional opinion about things such as new books, plays, or films.
How do you ask for opinion?
Asking for Opinions
- Do you think …?
- How do you feel about …?
- In your opinion, …?
- Please tell me your opinion on …
- What do you think about …?
- What’s your opinion on …?
How do you say I agree in a formal way?
Other Ways to Say “I Agree” during a formal business meeting (to your boss, colleagues)
- 01“That is right”
- 02“You can say that again”
- 03“I concur with you”
- 04“I could not agree with you more”
- 05“Lead the way “
- 06“There is no doubt “
- 07“That is absolutely true.
- 08“Exactly what I was thinking”
How do you say I believe in a different way?
But if you want something different, you could try any of the following
- It is my belief that…
- I think that…
- In my opinion,…
- It is my position that…
- I favor (another approach, or whatever).
- I prefer (whatever you prefer).
How do you express your personal opinion in an essay?
Opinion Essay: How to Write It Right
- Be strong and confident.
- Consider your audience when writing.
- Use a formal style, as you are writing an academic paper.
- Don’t make excuses for your point of view.
- List all reasons and supporting evidence.
- Use expressions to state your opinion.
How do you say in your opinion without using first person?
Examples of personal opinion: “I believe…” “I think…” “In my opinion…” “I would say that…” The third person point of view is often used as an alternative to first person as the “voice” in academic writing.
How do you express opinions effectively?
Here are seven ways women (and men) can express their opinion and not be “opinionated”:
- Ground your thoughts in facts.
- Use concrete words.
- Speak firmly, not necessarily loudly.
- Ask questions, and listen to others.
- Look at the person.
- Don’t be a contrarian for the sake of being a contrarian.
- Speak first and last.
How can I use in my opinion in a sentence?
In-my-opinion sentence example
- He likes you too much, in my opinion.
- I received a mark which in my opinion seemed quite harsh.
- This is a case of the pot calling the kettle black in my opinion.
- This part of the article is in my opinion downright dishonest.