To merge a group of cells:
- Highlight or select a range of cells.
- Right-click on the highlighted cells and select Format Cells.
- Click the Alignment tab and place a checkmark in the checkbox labeled Merge cells.
How do I merge two cells in Excel?
Combine data with the Ampersand symbol (&)
- Select the cell where you want to put the combined data.
- Type = and select the first cell you want to combine.
- Type & and use quotation marks with a space enclosed.
- Select the next cell you want to combine and press enter. An example formula might be =A2&” “&B2.
How do I merge two cells in Excel without losing data?
How to merge cells in Excel without losing data
- Select all the cells you want to combine.
- Make the column wide enough to fit the contents of all cells.
- On the Home tab, in the Editing group, click Fill > Justify.
- Click Merge and Center or Merge Cells, depending on whether you want the merged text to be centered or not.
How do you merge two rows in Excel?
To merge two or more rows into one, here’s what you need to do:
- Select the range of cells where you want to merge rows.
- Go to the Ablebits Data tab > Merge group, click the Merge Cells arrow, and then click Merge Rows into One.
How do I merge two columns in Excel?
How to Combine Columns in Excel
- Click the cell where you want the combined data to go.
- Type =
- Click the first cell you want to combine.
- Type &
- Click the second cell you want to combine.
- Press the Enter key.
How do I merge rows but not columns?
Select the range of cells containing the values you need to merge, and expand the selection to the right blank column to output the final merged values. Then click Kutools > Merge & Split > Combine Rows, Columns or Cells withut Losing Data. 2.
How do I paste multiple cells into one?
If you want to paste all the contents into one cell, you can use this method.
- Press the shortcut key “Ctrl + C” on the keyboard.
- And then switch to the Excel worksheet.
- Now double click the target cell in the worksheet.
- After that, press the shortcut key “Ctrl + V” on the keyboard.