To deactivate your account:
- Click in the top right of Facebook.
- Select Settings Privacy Settings.
- Click Your Facebook Information in the left column.
- Click Deactivation and Deletion.
- Choose Deactivate Account, then Continue to Account Deactivation and follow the instructions to confirm.
- 1 How do I deactivate my Facebook account on mobile?
- 2 How long can you deactivate your Facebook account?
- 3 How do I deactivate my Facebook account on Android?
- 4 What does deactivating Facebook do?
- 5 Can someone find you on Facebook if you deactivate your account?
- 6 Can I deactivate my Facebook for a day?
- 7 Can someone message me on Facebook when I deactivate?
- 8 What does a deactivated Facebook account look like?
- 9 Is deactivating Facebook a good idea?
- 10 Can I hide my Facebook account without deactivating it?
- 11 Can I take a break from Facebook without deleting account?
How do I deactivate my Facebook account on mobile?
How to deactivate your Facebook account from the Android app
- Start the Facebook app on your Android device.
- Tap the three-lined icon (hamburger menu).
- Tap Settings & Privacy.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Account Ownership and Control.
- Tap Deactivation and Deletion.
- Tap Deactivate Account.
How long can you deactivate your Facebook account?
If it’s been less than 30 days since you initiated the deletion, you can cancel your account deletion. After 30 days, your account and all your information will be permanently deleted, and you won’t be able to retrieve your information.
How do I deactivate my Facebook account on Android?
Tap in the top right of Facebook.
- Scroll down and tap Settings.
- Scroll down and tap Account Ownership and Control below Your Facebook Information.
- Tap Deactivation and Deletion.
- Select Deactivate Account and tap Continue to Account Deactivation.
- Follow the instructions to confirm.
What does deactivating Facebook do?
When you deactivate your account, Facebook saves all of your settings, photos, and information in case you decide to reactivate your account. Your information isn’t gone—it’s just hidden. However, it is possible to delete your account permanently with no option for recovery.
Can someone find you on Facebook if you deactivate your account?
When you deactivate your Facebook account, Facebook does not send out any notification whatsoever. Your friends won’t know that you’ve deactivated your account unless they try to search for your now-deactivated profile or they ask you in the real world.
Can I deactivate my Facebook for a day?
You can deactivate your Facebook account temporarily and choose to come back whenever you want.
Can someone message me on Facebook when I deactivate?
You can keep using Messenger after you deactivate your Facebook account. If you had a Facebook account and deactivated it, using Messenger won’t reactivate your Facebook account, and your Facebook friends can still message you.
What does a deactivated Facebook account look like?
What does a deactivated Facebook account look like? You won’t be able to check their profile because links revert to plain text. Posts they’ve made on your timeline will still exist but you will not be able to click on their name.
Is deactivating Facebook a good idea?
When you stop using a social networking profile or website, it is a good idea to deactivate or delete your account. This will mean that your content is no longer visible online and should not be searchable online. It will also remove the risk of these accounts being used by others or hacked without you knowing.
Can I hide my Facebook account without deactivating it?
Depending on your needs, you can either hide your profile from specific users or you can configure your profile to be invisible to everyone except friends or friends of friends. On the other hand, if you only want to hide your profile when you are signed out, you can do so by deactivating your account.
Can I take a break from Facebook without deleting account?
If you don’t want to delete your Facebook account outright (too many memories, I know), then you can simply deactivate it temporarily. It’s called the “super-logoff” and it was a trick used by early privacy-conscious users each time they left the site.