Remove a Google or other account from your phone
- Open your phone’s Settings app.
- Tap Accounts. If you don’t see “Accounts,” tap Users accounts.
- Tap the account you want to remove. Remove account.
- If this is the only Google Account on the phone, you’ll need to enter your phone’s pattern, PIN, or password for security.
- 1 How do I delete a Google Account off my phone?
- 2 How do I remove an old Google Account from my Android phone after resetting?
- 3 How do I completely remove a Google Account?
- 4 How do I remove my Google Account from another device?
- 5 Does removing Google account delete it?
- 6 How do I delete a Google Gmail account?
- 7 How do I delete previously synced Google Accounts on Android?
- 8 Will a factory reset delete my Google account?
- 9 How do I permanently delete my Gmail account on Android?
- 10 How long does it take to completely delete Google Account?
- 11 Why can’t I remove device from Google account?
How do I delete a Google Account off my phone?
How to remove a Google account from an Android phone
- Open your phone settings. Open your settings.
- Tap on “Accounts” (it may also be listed as “Users and Accounts,” depending on your device). Pick the account you want to delete.
- Tap the account you want to remove and then click “Remove Account.” Tap “Remove account.”
How do I remove an old Google Account from my Android phone after resetting?
To do so, follow the below-given steps:
- Launch the device “Settings” app and scroll to the Apps.
- Click on the “Manage apps” (applications) and select the “All” tab.
- Look for the “Google App” and click on it.
- Tap on the “Clear cache” to remove the Google account cache.
- Also, clear all data to remove data stored in an app.
How do I completely remove a Google Account?
How to delete a Gmail account
- Sign into your Gmail account on Google.com.
- Click the grid icon in the upper right-hand corner and select “Account.”
- Under the “Account preferences” section click “Delete your account or services.”
- Select “Delete products.”
- Enter your password.
How do I remove my Google Account from another device?
Scroll down to “Your Devices” and click “Manage Devices.” You’ll see the list of devices your Google account is signed in to. Click on your missing device, and under “Account Access,” click the “Remove” button. You’ll receive a warning, asking you to confirm that you do want to remove your account.
Does removing Google account delete it?
When you delete your account, it gets deleted permanently from Google servers. So any data associated with your Google account will be lost. Removing the account simply removes it from your phone. On Android phones, you will rarely see the option of deleting your account.
How do I delete a Google Gmail account?
Go to the Data & Privacy section of your Google Account. Scroll to “Your data & privacy options.” Delete your Google Account. Follow the instructions to delete your account.
How do I delete previously synced Google Accounts on Android?
Here is how to do it.
- Go to Settings> navigate to Accounts > This will give you a list of all the accounts synced you’re your device across the various social media.
- Tap on the google account you want to remove > Tap Remove Account > Confirm by tapping Remove Account.
Will a factory reset delete my Google account?
Performing a Factory Reset will permanently delete all user data on the smartphone or tablet. Be sure to back up your data before performing a Factory Reset. Before performing a reset, if your device is operating on Android 5.0 (Lollipop) or higher, please remove your Google Account (Gmail) and your screen lock.
How do I permanently delete my Gmail account on Android?
- Before deleting your Gmail service, download your data.
- On your Android phone or tablet, open your device’s Settings app Google.
- On the top, tap Data & privacy.
- Scroll to “Data from apps and services you use.”
- Under “Download or delete your data,” tap Delete a Google service.
- Next to “Gmail,” tap Delete.
How long does it take to completely delete Google Account?
This process generally takes around 2 months from the time of deletion. This often includes up to a month-long recovery period in case the data was removed unintentionally. Each Google storage system from which data gets deleted has its own detailed process for safe and complete deletion.
Why can’t I remove device from Google account?
If you are unable to remove the device from the Device activity section of your Google account because the red button doesn’t show up, go instead to Google Security Checkup and expand Your devices, then tap on the 3 dots on the side of the device you want to remove to select the option.