- 1 Are sleeper trains in Vietnam safe?
- 2 Does Vietnam have a good train system?
- 3 How do I get from Hanoi to Hoi An?
- 4 How long is the train from Hanoi to Da Nang?
- 5 Are trains in Vietnam safe?
- 6 What is the railway gauge in Vietnam?
- 7 Is there a train from Ho Chi Minh to Hanoi?
- 8 How many days do you need in Hoi An?
- 9 Is Hoi An worth visiting?
- 10 How do I get from Ho Chi Minh to Hoi An?
Are sleeper trains in Vietnam safe?
The sleeper train in Vietnam is a comfortable, safe, and affordable means of transportation, helping visitors to reduce fatigue when travelling long distances.
Does Vietnam have a good train system?
Operated by national carrier, Vietnam Railways (www.vr.com.vn), the Vietnamese railway system is an ageing but pretty dependable service, and offers a relaxing way to get around the nation. Travelling in an air-conditoned sleeping berth sure beats a hairy overnight bus journey along Hwy 1.
How do I get from Hanoi to Hoi An?
The distance from Hanoi to Hoi An is about 800km and is easiest to travel by flight. When you decide to fly, you need to fly from Hanoi to Da Nang, from where you can continue by shuttle bus or taxi to Hoi An. Flying takes about 3.5 hours, including transfers, while the bus and train take roughly 17 hours.
How long is the train from Hanoi to Da Nang?
Travel by train from Hanoi to Da Nang takes about 17 hours.
Are trains in Vietnam safe?
It is mostly a comfortable trip and relatively safer than using coach or open tour bus, though the price can be higher. Currently, Vietnam Railways System (VRS) monopolize on all routes.
What is the railway gauge in Vietnam?
Most existing Vietnamese railway lines use metre gauge, although standard gauge and mixed gauge are used northeast of Hanoi. As of 2005, approximately 2,600 km (1,600 mi) of track was in use throughout Vietnam: 2,169 km (1,348 mi) metre gauge (1,000 mm ( 3 ft 33⁄8 in));
Is there a train from Ho Chi Minh to Hanoi?
The railway from Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City) station to Hanoi station is about 1,726 Kilometers. There are 4 trains including SE2, SE4, SE6 and SE8 (which belong to Reunification Express train) on this route. They daily depart and take about 33 to 36 hours (From Saigon to Hanoi).
How many days do you need in Hoi An?
I recommend a minimum of three full days to explore all that Hoi An has to offer. This gives you enough time to see Hoi An and its beaches, spend an afternoon in Da Nang, and maybe take a day trip to My Son (see below).
Is Hoi An worth visiting?
Is Hoi An worth a visit? Yes, I think definitely think it’s worth a half day trip. It’s probably the best of Central Vietnam, and utmost effort has been put in to make the experience touristy-friendly (so much so that throngs of tourists have descended upon the old town). From Hoi An, it will probably take 4+ hours.
How do I get from Ho Chi Minh to Hoi An?
1. TRAIN+BUS from Ho Chi Minh City to Hoi An
- the best way is to travel by train to Da Nang and visit this beach city (20 km from Hoi An)
- travel by train takes about 16-19 hours from Ho Chi Minh City to Da Nang.
- there are about 7 trains every day of Vietnam Railways on this route.