- 1 Can you say happy Lunar New Year?
- 2 What does happy Lunar New Year mean?
- 3 Do you say lunar or Chinese New Year?
- 4 Is Kung Hei Fat Choy correct?
- 5 How do you say best wishes in Chinese?
- 6 What do you write in a Lunar New Year card?
- 7 What are some Chinese sayings?
- 8 Is it rude to say Chinese New Year?
- 9 What do Chinese call Chinese New Year?
Can you say happy Lunar New Year?
How can I wish someone a Happy Chinese New Year? It directly translates to “wishing you great happiness and prosperity.” In Mandarin, the same greeting is “ gong xi fa cai” (pronounced gong she fa tsai).
What does happy Lunar New Year mean?
Lunar New Year is the observance of the start of a new year in a lunar or lunisolar calendar. The phrase is most often used to refer to the Lunar New Year celebration held in China and worldwide by people of Chinese heritage, known as Chinese New Year. Chinese New Year usually falls in late January or early February.
Do you say lunar or Chinese New Year?
The correct translation of the name of the holiday that has been celebrated for thousands of years in various eastern and southeastern Asian countries, in addition to China, is “Lunar New Year.” For thousands of years, the Chinese called, and still call, Lunar New Year’s Day chunjie (“spring festival”).
Is Kung Hei Fat Choy correct?
Kung Hei Fat Choy, which means “ wishing you to make lots of money or a fortune,” is popular for two reasons. It’s mostly said among Cantonese during the New Year. However, Kung Hei Fat Choy is simply outdated.
How do you say best wishes in Chinese?
- 心想事成 (xīn xiǎng shì chéng): May all your wishes come true.
- 出入平安 (chū rù píng ān): May you have peace wherever you go.
- 一帆风顺 (yī fān fēng shùn): May you have smooth sailing (i.e. figuratively).
- 吉祥如意 (jí xiang rú yì): May you be as lucky as you desire.
What do you write in a Lunar New Year card?
Wishes for Family and Friends
- “Wishing you lots of luck and happiness in the year ahead.”
- “May this new year bring you good health and good fortune.”
- “Happy New Year!
- “Hope this new year brings you good fortune, peace and prosperity.”
- “Thinking of you and your family and wishing you all a year that outshines the rest.”
What are some Chinese sayings?
75 Chinese Proverbs
- A crisis is an opportunity riding the dangerous wind.
- It’s better to be without a book than to believe a book entirely.
- A little impatience will spoil great plans.
- If you bow at all, bow low.
- A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
- A smile will gain you ten more years of life.
Is it rude to say Chinese New Year?
There’s nothing technically wrong with calling it Chinese New Year.
What do Chinese call Chinese New Year?
Chinese New Year, known in China as the Spring Festival and in Singapore as the Lunar New Year, is a holiday on and around the new moon on the first day of the year in the traditional Chinese calendar.