This book focuses on basic principles and practical techniques you can apply every time you write code. Using easy-to-digest code examples from different languages, each chapter dives into a different aspect of coding, and demonstrates how you can make your code easy to understand.
- 1 What is a readable code?
- 2 How do you write a readable code?
- 3 What is the art of coding?
- 4 What two qualities are readable code?
- 5 Why should code be readable?
- 6 What are three things that make code easy to read?
- 7 Who invented C language?
- 8 Why is coding beautiful?
- 9 Is code org free for all?
- 10 What are the 3 most important qualities of written code?
- 11 How readable is C++?
What is a readable code?
Code readability is one of the first factors a developer learns, making it a quality one should always master. It merely means writing and presenting your code in such a manner that it can be easily read and understood. Much easier said than done, but it is as important as solving the problem.
How do you write a readable code?
10 Tips for Improving the Readability of Your Code
- 1 – Commenting and Documentation.
- 2 – Consistent Indentation.
- 3 – Avoid Obvious Comments.
- 4 – Code Grouping.
- 5 – Consistent Naming Scheme.
- 6 – DRY Principle.
- 7 – Avoid Deep Nesting.
- 8 – Limit Line Length.
What is the art of coding?
The Art of Coding contains a collection of learning projects for students, instructors and teachers to select specific themes from. Problems and projects are aimed at making the learning process entertaining, while also involving social exchange and sharing.
What two qualities are readable code?
Good code needs to meets two key requirements. First, it should be correct: when executing, it should produce the result that is expected. Second, it should be easy to read for other developers.
Why should code be readable?
Readable code saves future developers’ time and effort. Code readability is key for large software projects with many developers, and where the source code that is being written will have to be modified by another person.
What are three things that make code easy to read?
You would probably agree that the following things, regardless of programming language, contribute to the readability of code:
- Good variable, method and class names.
- Variables, classes and methods that have a single purpose.
- Consistent indentation and formatting style.
- Reduction of the nesting level in code.
Who invented C language?
Dennis Ritchie /: Who invented C language? How can I practice coding? Here’s my strategy to improve coding skills outside of class and work:
- Practice online.
- Read code written by someone else.
- Try out different ways to do the same thing.
- Put your code through a debugger.
- Take an online course.
- Use open source software.
- Join a team.
Why is coding beautiful?
With computers and programming you can build new worlds and sometimes patterns are truly beautiful. Most of the time you’re not doing that. You’re simply writing a program to do a certain task. In that case, you’re not creating a new world but you are solving a problem within the world of the computer.
Is code org free for all?
The curriculum is completely free for anyone, anywhere to teach. You can get support by visiting support.code.org.
What are the 3 most important qualities of written code?
Clarity of code. Clarity of design. Clarity of purpose. You must understand — really understand — what you’re doing at every level.
How readable is C++?
C++ has very good control structures, more flexible iteration statements and data type structures which help its readability. The abstraction data types in C++ make program easier to understand as abstraction increases expressivity and it ignores details and allows code to be re-used.