The most common cause of the errors is an out-of-date or damaged version of Apple Software Update for Windows on the PC. If that’s what is afoot, updating or repairing your Apple Software Update for Windows should get you past the errors. In your Start Menu, click All Programs and then click Apple Software Update.
- 1 How do I fix installer package?
- 2 How do I reinstall Windows Installer package?
- 3 How do I install Apple Software Update on Windows 10?
- 4 How do I uninstall Apple Software Update?
- 5 How do I fix Windows Installer service in Windows 10?
- 6 What is Windows Installer package?
- 7 Why does Windows Installer stop working?
- 8 Why is my package installer not working?
- 9 How do I run Windows Installer package as administrator?
- 10 How do I update Windows Installer?
- 11 How do I fix Windows installer pop up?
- 12 What is installation error 1500?
- 13 How do I activate Windows Installer?
How do I fix installer package?
How to Fix a Problem With Windows Installer Package
- Restart the computer. Restarting Windows can fix a variety of problems, including Windows Installer package errors.
- Update Windows.
- Update Windows apps.
- Run a Windows Troubleshooter.
- Repair the app.
- Reset the app.
- Reinstall the app.
- Disable some start-up apps.
How do I reinstall Windows Installer package?
To reinstall the Windows Installer, follow these steps.
- Click Start, and then click Run.
- In the Open box, type cmd, and then click OK.
- At the command prompt, type the following lines.
- At the command prompt, type exit, and then press ENTER.
- Restart your computer.
- Update the Windows Installer files to the latest version.
How do I install Apple Software Update on Windows 10?
Apple Software Update for Windows runs once a week to check for updates. How to run Apple Software Update
- Click on the Windows icon in the lower-left corner of your Windows screen.
- Type Apple Software Update in the search field.
- Click on Apple Software Update when it appears in the search results dialog.
How do I uninstall Apple Software Update?
3. Repair Apple Software Update
- Open Run by pressing its Windows key + R hotkey.
- Input appwiz.
- Enter the keyword Apple Software Update in the search box as shown below.
- Then select Apple Software Update, and press its Repair button.
- Thereafter, click Uninstall to remove the Apple Software Update.
How do I fix Windows Installer service in Windows 10?
How to Fix
- In Start Search type Services.msc and hit the Enter key.
- Locate Windows Installer Service.
- Right click on it and select Properties.
- Make sure Startup type is Automatic and Service status is running. If stopped then click the Start button.
- Click OK or, Apply.
What is Windows Installer package?
Installer package (Microsoft Windows) MSI files are used for installation, storage, and removal of programs. The files are contained in a package, which is used with the program’s client-side installer service, an. EXE file, to open and install the program.
Why does Windows Installer stop working?
Verify that the Status is Started. If the Status column is blank, right click on Windows Installer and select Start. 4 If you get error trying to force start the Windows Installer service, try to change the Startup Type to Manual, and then restart the computer.
Why is my package installer not working?
Settings -> Apps -> All -> Package Installer Clear Cache & Data, Force Stop, reboot. If this doesn’t work repeat, but reboot into recovery and wipe the cache partition.
How do I run Windows Installer package as administrator?
When you need to install a program as an administrator, you can right-click on the.exe file and select Run as administrator.
How do I update Windows Installer?
- Open Start ⇒ Microsoft System Center ⇒ Software Center.
- Go to the Updates section menu (left menu)
- Click Install All (top right button)
- After the updates have installed, restart the computer when prompted by the software.
How do I fix Windows installer pop up?
Windows Installer keeps popping up
- 1] Terminate the process manually.
- 2] Check Windows Installer version.
- 3] Run System File Checker.
- 4] Give it some time to run.
- 5] Check for PUPs.
- 6] Check msiexec.exe.
- 7] Re-register the Windows Installer engine.
- 8] Run Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter.
What is installation error 1500?
Error 1500 is a general MSI (Microsoft Installer) install error message resulting into failure of the Java installation process. The cause of this error could be: Two MSI based installers running at the same time. The MSI engine will not allow this.
How do I activate Windows Installer?
To start the Windows Installer Service, follow these steps:
- Click Start, and then type CMD in the Search programs and files dialog box.
- Right-click cmd.exe, and then click Run as Administrator.
- Type net start MSIServer, and then press ENTER.
- Restart the installation process for the program that you want to install.