A compound sentence consists of two or more independent clauses. A complex sentence has at least one independent clause plus at least one dependent clause. A set of words with no independent clause may be an incomplete sentence, also called a sentence fragment.
- 1 What is a complex and compound sentence examples?
- 2 What are 5 examples of complex sentences?
- 3 What is difference between complex and compound sentence?
- 4 What are 10 examples of compound complex sentences?
- 5 What are 20 examples of compound sentences?
- 6 What is compound sentence with example?
- 7 What are five compound sentences?
- 8 What are 10 complex sentences?
- 9 What is a compound sentence Give 5 examples?
- 10 Which is a complex sentence?
- 11 How do you identify a complex sentence?
- 12 What is the difference between simple and complex sentence?
- 13 What are 10 simple sentences?
- 14 What are the 3 simple sentences?
What is a complex and compound sentence examples?
Example: Because the soup was too cold, I warmed it in the microwave. A compound-complex sentence is comprised of at least two independent clauses and one or more dependent clauses. Example: Though Mitchell prefers watching romantic films, he rented the latest spy thriller, and he enjoyed it very much.
What are 5 examples of complex sentences?
Common Complex Sentence Examples
- Because my coffee was too cold, I heated it in the microwave.
- Although he was wealthy, he was still unhappy.
- She returned the computer after she noticed it was damaged.
- Whenever prices goes up, customers buy less products.
What is difference between complex and compound sentence?
The main difference between compound sentences and complex sentences is that in compound sentences there is no dependent clause but it consists of multiple independent clauses. On the other hand, complex sentences contain more than one or only one dependent clause and an independent clause.
What are 10 examples of compound complex sentences?
10 examples of compound complex sentences
- If the ozone layer collapses, the global community will suffer.
- While I was cooking he was still playing games on the computer.
- Although I miss him so much, I cannot go to him because I do not have money.
What are 20 examples of compound sentences?
20 Compound Sentences in English
- I want to lose weight, yet I eat chocolate daily.
- A man may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on.
- I used to be snow white, but I drifted.
- We went to the mall; however, we only went window-shopping.
- She is famous, yet she is very humble.
What is compound sentence with example?
A compound sentence is a sentence that has at least two independent clauses joined by a comma, semicolon or conjunction. An independent clause is a clause that has a subject and verb and forms a complete thought. An example of a compound sentence is, ‘ This house is too expensive, and that house is too small.
What are five compound sentences?
5 Examples of Compound Sentences
- I want to lose weight, yet I eat chocolate daily.
- Michael did not like to read. She was not very good at it.
- Dr. Mark said I could come to his office on Friday or Saturday of next week.
- My favorite sport is skiing. I am vacationing in Hawaii this winter.
What are 10 complex sentences?
10 Complex Sentences in English
- Although my friends begged me, I chose not to go to the reunion.
- I learned English perfectly because I studied very hard.
- Many people enjoyed the movie; however, Alex did not.
- Although the farmer is ready, the ground is still too wet to plow.
What is a compound sentence Give 5 examples?
Compound Sentences with Coordinating Conjunctions She did not cheat on the test, for it was the wrong thing to do. I really need to go to work, but I am too sick to drive. I am counting my calories, yet I really want dessert. He ran out of money, so he had to stop playing poker.
Which is a complex sentence?
A complex sentence is a sentence with one independent clause and at least one dependent clause. It works best when you need to provide more information to explain or modify your sentence’s main point.
How do you identify a complex sentence?
A complex sentence has one independent clause and at least one dependent clause. This means that the clauses are not equal, they use a co-ordinating conjunction that changes the rank of one or more of the clauses to make it less equal. For example; My Dad laughed when I told a joke.
What is the difference between simple and complex sentence?
The difference between a simple sentence and a complex sentence is the number of clauses they contain. A simple sentence has only one clause, but a complex sentence has more than one clause. A clause is a portion of a sentence that contains both its own subject and its own verb. Simply having a verb isn’t enough.
What are 10 simple sentences?
50 examples of simple sentences
- She doesn’t study German on Monday.
- Does she live in Paris?
- He doesn’t teach math.
- Cats hate water.
- Every child likes an ice cream.
- 6.My brother takes out the trash.
- The course starts next Sunday.
- She swims every morning.
What are the 3 simple sentences?
Examples of simple sentences include the following:
- Joe waited for the train. “Joe” = subject, “waited” = verb.
- The train was late.
- Mary and Samantha took the bus.
- I looked for Mary and Samantha at the bus station.
- Mary and Samantha arrived at the bus station early but waited until noon for the bus.