The easiest way to turn off Recent Items is through Windows 10’s Settings app. Open “Settings” and click on the Personalization icon. Click on “Start” on the left side. From the right side, turn off “Show recently added apps”, and “Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar”.
- 1 How do I turn off recent files?
- 2 How do I turn off quick access recent files?
- 3 How do I hide recent files in Windows Explorer?
- 4 How do I add or remove recent files from quick access in Windows 10?
- 5 How do I turn off recent files in Windows 10 Excel?
- 6 How do I hide Recent Documents in Windows?
- 7 How do I hide files from the Start menu?
How do I turn off recent files?
To disable Recent Files using this approach:
- Type “ control panel ” in the windows search bar.
- Once the control panel opens, click on “Appearance and Personalization.”
- Click on “Taskbar and Navigation.”
- Click on “Start.”
- Turn off the button next to “Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on the Start or the Taskbar.”
How do I turn off quick access recent files?
Go to View menu and click “Options” to open “Folder Options” dialog. Disable recent files: In Folder Options dialog, go to Privacy section and uncheck “Show recently used files in Quick access” to disable your recently used files from being displayed in Quick access.
How do I hide recent files in Windows Explorer?
Just like the clearing, the hiding is done from File Explorer Options (or Folder Options). In the General tab, look for the Privacy section. Uncheck the “Show recently used files in Quick access” and “Show frequently used folders in Quick access” and press OK to close the window.
How do I add or remove recent files from quick access in Windows 10?
Remove individual Recent Files from Quick Access Launch File Explorer > click on the Quick Access option in the left hand pane. Scroll down to Recent files and extend the list. Select the file(s) that you want to delete > right-click on them > select Remove from Quick Access.
How do I turn off recent files in Windows 10 Excel?
Clear the list of recently used files
- Click the File tab.
- Click Recent.
- Right click a file in the list and select Clear unpinned items.
- Click Yes to clear the list.
How do I hide Recent Documents in Windows?
Step 1: Launch File Explorer Options (i.e. Folder Options). Step 2: In the General settings, deselect Show recently used files in Quick access under Privacy and tap OK.
If you want to hide recently opened files from the right-click menu on taskbar icons, you should make sure to toggle off the Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar option. Finally, at the bottom, is what we are looking for. Click on the Choose which folders appear on Start link.