How do you say 4 45 in English?
A ‘ quarter ‘ can replace ’15 minutes’. It can be used with ‘to’ or ‘past’ depending on its situation. Ex: It’s a quarter to 5 ( 4:45 ). It’s a quarter past 5 (5:15).
How do you say time in words?
For example, “It’s ten past three”, or 3:10. Or another example, “It’s twenty after eight”, or 8:20. With minutes 31 – 59, we say to (the next hour). For example, when it’s 10:40, we say “It’s twenty to eleven” (Eleven minus twenty minutes).
How do you say 6.30 in English?
It’s quarter past 6. It’s six fifteen. It’s half past 6. It’s six thirty.
How do you write time clock?
- Lowercase a.m. and p.m. and always use periods.
- Lowercase noon and midnight.
- Do not use 12 noon or 12 midnight (redundant). Use noon or midnight.
- Do not use 12 p.m. or 12 a.m. Use noon or midnight.
- Do not use 8 a.m. in the morning (redundant) Use 8 a.m.
- Do not use o’clock with a.m. or p.m.
How do you ask time in English?
When you’re first learning English, it’s good to study different ways to ask or talk about the time. How to ask about the time
- What time is it?
- What time does the ________ open?
- What time does the ________ close?
- What time should we meet?
- What time does the movie start?
What are two ways to write time?
There are two ways of telling the time in English – the 12-hour clock and the 24-hour clock.
How do you spell 12?
English Language Learners Definition of twelve
- : the number 12.
- : the 12th in a set or series.
- : twelve o’clock.
What’s a quarter to 5?
It’s quarter to five. one fourth of an hour (15 minutes) before five o’clock. 4:45 It’s quarter past five. 15 minutes after five o’clock. 5:15.
What is quarter past?
When the minute hand of a clock has moved from 12 and travelled a quarter of the way around the clock to point at 3, this is quarter past the hour. The hour hand also moves and is a quarter of the way from one number to the next one.